I am a registered Social Worker in private practice.  I earned my Bachelors Degree in Social Work from York University in 1998 and my Master's Degree in Social Work from the University of Toronto, in 2000. I  began my career working as an outpatient child and adolescent mental health therapist in a hospital program, providing mental health counselling and crisis assessments. For the next 16 years, I worked as a school social worker, adolescent and family therapist, substance abuse therapist and as an urgent care  child and adolescent mental health therapist.

I have always been a passionate and authentic advocate to ensure that young people and their families have access to timely and effective  resources and support.  My private practice offers a safe, collaborative, and respectful space to allow you to address your concerns in a way that will be heard, understood and valued. 

My approach is genuine, non-judgmental, straightforward, compassionate and flexible. Depending on the reason that you are seeking help, we will develop a realistic therapy plan and work together, in order to make sure that your needs are being met and counselling is helpful.

I look forward to hearing from you.


Please call me at (416) 702-4296 to book an appointment



 Do I Need a Referral to See a Social Worker?

No, but you may wish to discuss this issue with your doctor who can certainly refer you to a social worker.

Are Social Work Services Covered by OHIP?

In general, social work services are not covered by OHIP. Social work services provided by private practitioners are billed by the hour. They may be covered under your private health plan or employee group benefits plan.

Are Social Work Services Covered in Group Health Benefits Plans?

More and more insurance companies cover social work services in individual policies or group health benefits plans. If social work is not currently on the list of professional services covered in your insurance plan, ask your employer or union that it be added when the policy comes up for renewal.
Canadians who access clinical services provided by social workers have the
ability to claim these services on their income tax through the Medical Expense Tax Credit (METC).


Counselling  services are confidential.  This means that I cannot share anything that is discussed in our sessions without your permission or consent. There are exceptions to confidentiality where I may have a legal duty to report to authorities:

  1. If I become aware of abuse or neglect of a child under 16 years old.
  2. If you disclose imminent thoughts of harm to yourself or someone else.
  3. If my clinical notes get subpoenaed by a court.
  4. If you disclose abuse by a health care provider.


1 Hour Counselling Sessions: 130.00